F# is an advanced .NET programming language available from Microsoft Research.
Links for specific versions:
- Download F# 126.96.36.199 - released 01 June
- Download F# 188.8.131.52 - released 30 November
Note, some users report that “save” works but “open” does not.
- To install, save and unpack the zip file and read the installation notes (README-fsharp.html).
- From Add/Remove Programs uninstall any previous “F# Extensions for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005″.
- Run “InstallFSharp.msi”.
- On Mono/Linux follow the instructions in README-fsharp.html.
Operating system either Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Linux (Mono). Memory 256Mb minimum, recommending 512Mb or more.
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package not required, but recommended.
- Mono (for use on Linux).
- The F# Hub (community site).
- F# mailing list.
- Other F# community links.