The following is a hello world WinForms example:
let form = new Form()
If you save the above as
fsc is in your path, you can compile and run it as follows:
The following steps guide you to compiling your first program, with F# version 18.104.22.168 with .NET 2.0.
- From Add/Remove programs, uninstall any previous F# installs.
Download F# and save the zip file locally.
- Extract the files to a temporary location:
- Run the .msi installer from that directory. This requires .NET 2.0.
Note, if you have Visual Studio, the installer will run devenv /setup which takes some moments.
- Add the F# bin directory to your path:
set PATH=c:Program FilesFSharp-22.214.171.124bin;%PATH%
fsc is the command line compiler. You can list the command line options as follows:
- Create a source directory.
- Create a file
printf "Hello World!n"
- Compile it to give a
hello.exe which you can run.