The following steps guide you to compiling your first program, with F# version 220.127.116.11 with .NET 2.0.
- From Add/Remove programs, uninstall any previous F# installs.
- Download F# and save the zip file locally.
- Extract the files to a temporary location:
- Run the .msi installer from that directory. This requires .NET 2.0.
Note, if you have Visual Studio, the installer will run devenv /setup which takes some moments.
- Add the F# bin directory to your path:
set PATH=c:Program FilesFSharp-18.104.22.168bin;%PATH%
fscis the command line compiler. You can list the command line options as follows:
- Create a source directory.
- Create a file
printf "Hello World!n"
- Compile it to give a
hello.exewhich you can run.
cd devsrc fsc hello.fs hello.exe